APEDA which usually stands for Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority. It’s a government organization in India which established in 1985 through an Act for the development and promotion of export and scheduled products. The products which come under this Act is called scheduled products and exporters of these scheduled products are required to register under APEDA. The purpose of this registration is to promote the export of scheduled products. It is very helpful to achieve the functions under the regulation of the central Government.
Documents Required for the Registration
Here are the necessary documents for the registration process of APEDA.
- For the registration of APEDA, one completed and duly signed application form is needed.
- Required Import-Export code issued by D.G.F.T.
- Bank Certificate which is duly signed by the authorities.
- Require last 2 months bank statements of the firm.
- Cancelled Cheque.
Benefits of the APEDA Registration
There are many of the advantages of the APEDA Registration like;
- APEDA Registration is mandatory to the exports of the scheduled products.
- This APEDA Registration helps the exporters to promote the brand by advertising packaging development and many more.
- It provides the various guidelines to the exporters about the various products and countries for export.
- Those members who registered under this act can participate in various training programs to improve their business & these training programs organized by the APEDA.
Functions of APEDA
Many of the functions of APEDA, which are as follows:
- It promotes export-oriented production and develops scheduled products.
- Sets the standards and specifications for the scheduled products.
- Registration of the exporters of the scheduled products on payment of required fees.
- Improves the packaging and marketing of the scheduled products.
- Inspection of the products is also happened to check the quality of the products.
- Training in various aspects of the industries which are related to the scheduled products.
- Develops industries related to the scheduled products and undertaking surveys, feasibility studies, etc.
- Collects statistics from the owners of factories or establishes and publish such statistics.
APEDA Registration Process
To register for APEDA, the application should submit the application form within 1 month from the date of the establishment of the business. If the exporter of the scheduled products fails to register for APEDA within the time limit because of any reason then he or she can register for the same if the authority extended the time.
Once the registration process is fully completed, the authority will issue the Registration Cum Membership Certificate. It is one-time registration and all the registered members are governed by the rules and regulations under the APEDA Act.
If you want to register for APEDA, then Tradenfill is here to help you. It is one of the top leading and trustworthy online business platforms which offers the services like TDS Return, Income Tax Return, GST Registration, Trademark Registration, MSME Registration and many more. You can call at: +91-9654533433 and mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to take our expert advice.