The EPF, which is the employee provisional fund, is a welfare scheme for the betterment of the employees. This scheme is introduced in order to give the employees the best care and the benefits under the Employee’s Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provision Act, 1952, to make the relationship between the employee and the employer strong, regulated under the EPFO, Employees Provident Organization,
The EPF registration can be done only then; when there used to be more than twenty employees in the company or organization, so, if you have more than twenty employees working for your company then you are eligible for the EPF registration under some conditions and terms. And in case if you do not have the staff of twenty but you want to do the EFP registration then voluntarily you can register with Regional Provisional fund. The registration for the EPF should be done exactly after the hiring of the twenty or more employees where the cooperates are expected to go for the EPF registration after they have around fifty number of employees under the certain purview of the terms and conditions that are applied by the Act.
The Procedure of EPF Registration
There are two modes of registration you can opt for either you can go for the online or the traditional method of offline, though people are increasingly using the online mode due the flexibility and time-saving nature of it, in the end, it depends on your choice, which you feel comfortable in. You can download the registration form from the EPF Organization website. Following are the information that needed in the context of the registration.
- Name of the company
- Address details of the company
- Details of the head office or the branch(if have)
- The date of company registration
- Details regarding the employee and the strength
- The work details of the company
- The legal status of the company
- Details of the owner
- Bank details of the company
- PAN details
- The general details of the employee related to his joining and pay
To complete the registration process for the EPF the need of “Proforma for Coverage” is to be filled while the documents submitted. And with this, the employers are supposed to submit the Form5A with the annexure 1 to complete the process.
List of Required Documents for EPF Registration
- PAN Card copy of firm/company/society/trust.
- Canceled cheque (bearing pre-printed company/firm name & Current Account No).
- Partnership deed (In case of partnership).
- Certificate of Registration (In case of Proprietorship/ Partnership/ Company / LLP).
- Certificate of incorporation (In case of company/ society, trust/ NGO).
- Copy of PAN Card of Directors / Partner.
- Copy of Aadhaar Card/ Voter identity card of Director.
- Digital Signature.