ESI stands for Employee’s State Insurance which is a self-financial Social Security and Health Insurance scheme commenced by the Government, which provides medical benefits, sickness benefits, maternity benefits and many more to the employees and their families.
Those companies who have 10 or more than 10 employees drawing wages up to Rs. 15,000 per month. They required to register for ESIC under Employee’s State Insurance Act, 1948. Later on, this scheme expanded on 1st July 2019, Now, any kind of factory or company where there are 10 or more persons are employed and drawing wages up to Rs. 21,000 per month has to mandatorily obtain the ESIC registration.
Reasons to Choose ESI Registration
There are many reasons to register for ESI like;
- Give the facility of medical care to employees.
- It includes employee’s dependent’s also.
- Mandatory for units > 10 Employees.
Documents Required for ESI Registration
These are necessary documents which must for the Registration of ESI.
To be Submitted by Employer
- The employer has basically submitted the registration certificate or Licence which is issued under the Shops and Establishment Acts or Factories Act.
- The address proof of the employer is also be submitted.
- Submit a photocopy of the latest building Tax/Property Tax receipt.
- Memorandum and Articles of Association/Partnership Deed/Trust Deed depending on the entity that is applying for registration.
- Photocopy of certificate of Commencement of production and Registration No. of CST/ST (or GST once it becomes applicable).
- Photocopy of PAN Card
- Evidence in support of the date of commencement of production/business/the first sale.
- Employment position, salary monthly, etc.
- Bank Statement Photocopy.
To be Submitted by Employees
Employees are required to submit the photographs of their family.
Benefits of ESI Registration
Many of the advantages of this ESI are:
- It provides complete medical benefits.
- It includes dependents.
- It can be used at different ESI dispensaries and hospitals.
- Any payments made will be reimbursed.
- It takes the needs of the disabled into account.
Steps involved in the process of ESI Registration
These are the mandatory steps in the registration of ESI like;
- Getting ESI Registration.
- Got Code Number.
- For Employees.
- Insurance Number.
- Temporary Identity Card.
- Permanent Photo Identity Card.
Tradenfill is one of the top leading and very trustworthy online business platforms in India which offers end to end ESI service from registration to return filing.
Tradenfill can help to file ESI Returns in India. The time taken to get an ESI Registration is about 1-3 working days. It subject to Government processing time and client document submission. If you have any queries on ESI services by scheduling an appointment with our advisor.