FSSAI means the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India which is an organization that monitors and governs the food business in India. It is very necessary a Food Safety Certificate which is issued by the food authority in India. If you want to start any business then you should have a Food License before starting a business.
All the people who are involved in the food business must obtain a 14-digit Registration or a License Number which must be printed on food packages. This step is taken by the Government’s Food Licensing and Registration system to ensure that food products undergo certain quality checks. If you want to register to get a Food License for Basic Registration, State License and Central License than Tradenfill is here to help you.
Eligibility of FSSAI License
The following persons or entities are eligible to getting FSSAI License or Registration.
- All types of Food Manufacturer.
- Food Packaging Unit or Storage Unit.
- Wholesale or Trading or Online Food Business Operator.
- Caters, Hotel or Raw Material Supplier.
- Exporter and Importer of Food Products.
- Transporter and Distributors.
- Retailers of Food Product
Category of FSSAI Registration
There are basically three main types of FSSAI Registration/Licenses like;
- Basic Registration (Petty Food Business, Turnover up to 12 Lakhs).
- State License (Medium Food Business, Turnover 12 Lakhs to 20 Crores/30 Crores).
- Central License (Large Food Business, Turnover more than 20 Crores).
Documents Required for FSSAI Registration
- Form B- Completed and Signed
- Photo Identity of FBO.
- Proof of possession of premises as Rent Agreement.
- Partnership Deed/ Certificate of Incorporation/ Articles of Association etc.
- List of food products to be dealt with.
- Food Safety Management system plan.
Procedure for Obtaining FSSAI Registration
These are the necessary steps in the process of registration of FSSAI.
- FSSAI registration is initiated by submitting Form A (application) to food and safety department.
- This application can be accepted or it may be rejected by the Department within 7 days.
- The food department will grant a registration certificate with the registration number along with the photo of the applicant, If the application is accepted.
- During the business hours, FBO should prominently display the at the place of business.
Tradenfill helps in the registration process of FSSAI. Tradenfill is one of the top leading online business platforms which provides the services of MSME Registration, ISO Certification, APEDA Registration, Professional Tax Registration and many more.