FSSAI: The Food Safety and Standard Authority of India
Food Safety & Standard Authority of India or we can say the FSSAI; an abbreviation for it is a license which one should have essentially if he or she is having the business regarding the food. It was established under the Food and Safety Act of 2006, for the food products, it sets the standard rules depending upon the science and health of the individuals and regarding the sale, distribution in order to ensure the safe consumption of food to do not deprive any person of India from the good and safe food. This license is compulsory to have by the owner or operator of any food business either it is the wholesaler, distributor, manufacturer, hotel, restaurant, trader, supplier, or etc.
When you obtain the food license, you are provided with the fourteen-digit of registration number which is meant to be printed on the food products the company uses to sell or sale. The whole process is functioned by the Food Authority where they have the right either to close, seal, or dispose of the property which is standing without following the standard rules of the food safety.
The online registration of the FSSAI license comes under the control of the Government of India and the Ministry of health and family affairs. Register with us for the FSSAI License Online.
Registration and Licensing of the food Business
The registration and having the license of the Food Safety and Standard Authority of India is mandatory to have by everyone those have the business related to the food. And for that, they have to follow some procedures those are set by the FSSAI. The FSSAI registrations are distinguished where the kind of the FSSAI registration completely depends upon the yearly or annual turnover of the food business. As per of the FSSAI instructions no food business is allowed to start if he or she does not have registered his or her business and obtained the FSSAI license.
The 14-digit license number you will get after the completion of the registration and the granting of the license. This fourteen digit number is compulsory to be printed on the backside of the food products; if you have this number then you have the complete right to manufacture, sale and trade, sell your food product.
The registration forms are divided into three parts and depending upon the turnover of the food business annually, the company has to register themselves accordingly.
|Registration/ License||Turnover of the Food Business Annually|
|Form A||Below 12 Lakhs|
|State License Form B||10 to 20 Lakhs|
|Central License Form B||20 Lakhs and Above|
For the license of the FSSAI, the food business has to register where the Food Authority has provided the facility to do the registration online. Our Tradenfill Team helps the client to register their food business.
The State License and the registration of the food business are issued by the state government in each state and the central license is issued by the central government as well.
Why important to get FSSAI license?
- It is important for the business as it resembles the safety of the food product that the company manufactures.
- It gives the Food Authority an assurance that you do not manufacture or distribute the product that compromises with the health of the people.
- It also helps in the removal of multiple restriction or regulations.
- And it also helps to increase the production of innovative Food Products.
Steps, to get the FSSAI license
- You have to fill the FORM A for the food registration via the FSSAI website.
- When you get the confirmation of the account creation through FSSAI account of yours, you need then to fill the Form B
- Then you have to do complete coordination and take follow-up with the government department. On finding any need of edits, the form would be sent back to you, but in case you would not able to respond within 15 days the application form would get rejected.
- Around 45 to 60 days would be taken by the government of India, in order, to check the application and review it. Else you can hire Tradenfill to get the FSSAI license.
List of Required Documents for FSSAI Registration
- FORM-B Duly completed and signed (In duplicate) by the Proprietor/Partneror Authorized signatory.
- Blueprint/Layout plan declaration form (mandatory for manufacturing and processing units only)
- List of Director/Partners/Proprietor/Executive member of society/Trust with full address and contact details (mandatory for companies only)
- Name and list of Equipments and Machinery along with the number, installed capacity and horse power used (mandatory for manufacturing and processing units only)
- Photo ID and address proof issued by Government authority of Proprietor / Partner / Director(s) / Authorized signatory
- List of food category desired to be manufactured. (In case of manufacturers)
- Authority letter with name and address of responsible person nominated by the manufacture along with alternative responsible person indicating the powers vested with them viz assisting the officers in inspections, collection of samples, packing & dispatch. (for manufactures /processors)
- Analysis report (chemical & bacteriological) of water to be used as ingredient in food form a recognized/ public health laboratory to confirmthe portability (mandatory only for manufacturing processing unit only)
- Proof of possession of premises. (Sale Deed/Rent Agreement/Electricity bill, etc.) (optional)
- Partnership Deed/Affidavit of Proprietorship / Memorandum & Articles of association towards the constitution of firm. (optional)-For-Three pages
need to be uploaded (first pages-certificate of incorporation, second page- Authorization of food business activity and Third page- list of directors with addresses)
- Copy of certificate obtained under Coop Act-1861/ Multi State Coop Acy- 2002 in case of cooperatives
- NOC & COPY of license from manufacturer (mandatory for relabellers and repackers only)
- Food safety management system plan or certificate (if any)
- Source of milk or procurement plan for milk including location of milk collection centers etc. In case of milk and milk product processing units. (wherever applicable)
- Source of raw material for meat and meat processing plants. (wherever applicable)
- Pesticide residues report of water in case of units manufacturing package drinking water, packaged mineral water and/ or carbonated water from a recognized/ public health laboratory
- Recall plant wherever applicable, with details on whom the product is distributed
- NOCs from municipality or local body
- From IX: Nomination of persons by a company along with the Board resolution
- Certificate provided by ministry of Tourism (HRACC), (Mandatory for Hotel only)
- For Transporters-supporting documentary proof for Turnover or self declaration of number of vehicles. (Mandatory for transporter only)
- Declaration form (In case of Delhi & Himachal Pradesh)