MTO stands for Multimodal Transport Operator which means any person who engaged in the business of carriage of goods and is using at least two different modes of transport under a multimodal transport contact from the place of acceptance of the goods in India to a place of delivery in either in India or outside of India. This process comes under the act of the Multimodal Transportation of Goods Act, 1993.
According to the Multimodal Transportation of Goods Act 1993, no one can start his or her business of multimodal transportation unless he or she registered under this act.
Eligibility for MTO Registration
There are some conditions for the registration process of MTO like;
- Applicant should have his own company or firm.
- The turnover of his or her company is Rs. 50 Lakh and capital should be Rs. 50 Lakh or more.
- Should be two agents of two different companies.
Documents Required for Registration
These are some documents which are required for MTO Registration like;
- Certificate from C.A. showing Annual Turnover of the applicant for the preceding three financial years OR subscribed & paid-up share capital/aggregate balance in the capital account.
- Income Tax Returns (front page) for the preceding three financial years.
- Complete audited accounts of the applicant, including auditor’s report, all schedules and notes to the accounts for the preceding financial year.
- Copies of agency agreements, reflecting multi-modal operations of the applicant with two agents (from two different foreign countries) AND confirmation of the validity of these agreements from the same foreign agents through e-Mail.
- A Certificate of Incorporation with a copy of the Memorandum and Articles of Association, if the applicant is a company OR registration under Partnership Act OR registered deed of proprietorship AND documentary proof reflecting the registered office address of the applicant/presence in India.
- Name/s of all the Directors / Partners / Proprietor of the applicant with their contact details in India.
- List of offices, with key staff who will be authorized signatories to sign the Multimodal Transport Documents (MTDs) with their names, designation and specimen signature on the letterhead of applicant AND proof of their employment, viz. PF returns OR the Tax Deducted at source on salaries.
- An undertaking on the applicant’s letterhead with the signature of the responsible person, to issue MTD for taking charge of goods for exports from India [as prescribed by the DGS].
For more query, you have to visit TradenFill, because it is one of the trustworthy and most prominent online business platforms. They usually deal in Labour Laws, GST Registration, Income Tax Return along with MTO Registration and many more. To clear your all queries either you can call our expert at +91-9654 533433 or mail your questions at email@example.com from 9.30 A.M. to 6.00 P.M.