The Multimodal Transportation of Goods Act, 1993 manages the transportation of the merchandise from India to outside India or inside India including at least one methods of transport based on the single transport contract and as indicated by it an unregistered multi-modular transport administrator is completely illegal to bear on the matter of multi-modular transportation.
As per of the Section 3, Section 4, Section 5 and Section 6 of Multi-Modal Transportation of Goods Act manage the law controlling different perspectives, for example, enrollment, cancelation and offer against such enlistment or cancelation of enlistment of multi-modular transport administrator.
The criteria to be satisfied for being enrolled as a multi-modular transport administrator are as per the following:
- The candidate ought to be a company, firm or exclusive concern.
- In the event that the Applicant is locked in either in the matter of transportation or cargo sending in India or abroad, it must have a base yearly turnover of Rs.50 Lakh, amid the instantly going before monetary year or must have a yearly normal turnover of Rs.50 Lakh, amid the first three money related years. In any case, similar should be affirmed by a Chartered Accountant. [In case the candidate isn’t from India, the turnover might be ensured by any expert skilled to affirm the records of an organization of that country.
- Where the candidate is an organization, firm or exclusive concern other than one occupied with the matter of delivery or fear sending in India or abroad, and that the bought in share capital or total adjust in its capital record or that in the capital record of its accomplices or proprietors capital record isn’t not as much as Rs.50 Lakhs and that the candidate has workplaces, specialists or agents in at least two different nations
- Where the candidate isn’t an occupant of India and where the candidate isn’t occupied with the matter of transportation, he should build up a position of business in India.
- The capable specialist on being fulfilled about the presence of the previously mentioned qualifications shall, register the candidate as MTO