TAN basically stands for Tax Deduction and Collection Number which is usually a 10-digit mandatory alpha number. This number is necessary for all those people who are responsible for Tax Deduction at Source on behalf of the Government and deposit against concern person’s PAN (Permanent Account Number).
It ensures that the Government’s collection of tax is proponed and the responsibility for paying tax is diversified. The person who deducts the tax is required to credit the tax to the account of the Government.
Those persons who are taking reasonable salaries are not required to pay the tax. However, A Proprietorship or any kind of business entity must Tax Deduct at Source while making certain payments like salary, Contractual work, Rent, Commission etc. When the tax is deducting then the entity who pays the tax registered for TAN will issue a TDS certificate as proof of collection of tax.
To obtain TAN, an application must be made for allotment of TAN in form 49B along with the required documents. On the basis of the application, the TAN will be allotted to the entity and the entity must quote the TAN in all TDS/ TCS return, TDS/TCS payment challans and TDS/TCS certificates.
TradenFill is here to help you to obtain your TAN registration quickly and hassle-free. It is an authorized TAN facilitation center.
Reasons or Benefits to Register a TAN
There are many reasons behind the registration of a TAN like;
1) TAN (Tax Deduction Account Number).
2) TDS Payments.
3) Proprietorship Require TAN.
4) TAN Facilitation.
6) Application Preparation
7) Application Processing
8) TAN Allotment
Documents Required for TAN Registration: There is no need to attach any document with the application for allotment of TAN. But, when the application is being done through the online mode, the acknowledgment, which gets generated after filling up the form, will have to be forwarded to NSDL.
Uses of TAN Number: It’s very easy to identify the Tax Deductors by their unique TAN number. Few uses of TAN number are like;
1) It is used for deductions such as Salary, Interest, Dividend etc.
2) It records the address of the person who deducts the tax on behalf of the company. In addition, it captures the PIN that is recorded with the department.
In this process of TAN Registration, there are many steps like;
1) TAN Registration
2) Application Processing
3) Application Submission
4) TAN Allotment
Basic Physical and structural Requirement
To acquire sedate permit, the candidate needs to furnish an autonomous shop with satisfactory territory for concede of retail/discount permit according to points of interest given beneath:
- Allow License in Form 20 or Form 21 or both, the premises are of a region of at least 10 square meters;
- Allow License in Form 20-B or Form 21-B or both, the premises are of a region of at least 10 square meters; and
- Allow License (I) In Form 20 or Form 21 or both, and (ii) In Form 20-B or Form 21-B or both the premises are of a region of at least 15 square meters
Further, the reasonable stature of the business premises ought to be as per the National Building Code of India, 2005 as corrected every now and then.